Thursday, December 6, 2012

EASY STREET - Week 2

It's Thursday morning of week 2 of this mystery quilt adventure.  I'm still on track, but there have been issues...........

Last week's assignment was to make 192 fourpatches - I can make fourpatches with the best of them, and had them all finished by Monday.

 
 They're all pressed, and ready to become part of a real quilt.

Then Bonnie Hunter (www.quiltville.com) released the instructions for week 2 - make 128 flying geese..............FLYING GEESE!?!?


I've been making quilts since 1989.  I had some bad experiences early on with triangles.  Since Flying Geese have 3 triangles, I have avoided learning how to make them.  I guess it's time I figures this out.

So, I've learned how to use two specialty rulers recommended by Bonnie - and started  slicing and dicing fabric (purples for the geese with black on white prints for the "wings")


 
 
and started stitching:


I've got 25 done - only 103 to go! 
I'm planning to spend the evening in my studio with a bunch of purple geese - and a glass of wine!

2 Comments:

At December 6, 2012 at 9:47 AM , Blogger Debi said...

LOL on working on flying geese--I can relate. A glass of wine is the perfect choice for working on clue 2. Love what you have done already.

 
At December 6, 2012 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Tami C said...

I too have stayed away from triangles, but I found that Bonnie's way of making my geese fly was really easy! You'll be done in no time! Lookin good!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home