Monday, December 10, 2012

Easy Street Week 3

The Challenge Continues.................

I'm up early this morning, and thought I'd be a real early bird at the link-up that Bonnie Hunter is hosting for this EASY STREET MYSTERY quilt challenge.  But it appears that I didn't get up early enough - I checked the link up site at 7amCST and there were already 40+ postings there from my fellow "mystery quilt-trippers".

So the assignment for this week was to make 68 of these guys - Bonnie calls them "shaded  four patches"  And I've got them done, all with avariety of purple squares, turquoise traingles and the black-on-white prints for the small triangles:

 Judging from the pictures they've posted, I'm in good company as I try to figure out how all these little quilt units are going to work with each other.

So we've made 192 of these:


and 128 of these


and now 64 of these:

I will admit to playing around with the units yesterday afternoon - the possibilities are mind-boggling and we've not used any of the apple green fabrics yet!

Until the next clue is released on Friday morning, I'll work on something else..................

2 Comments:

At December 10, 2012 at 2:58 PM , Blogger Tami C said...

I haven't tried playing with laying the blocks out. I counted mine out in groups of d0 and pinned them together. Maybe I'll get a chance to play with them this week. I've been busy trying to get some Christmas quilting done that needs to be shipped out. Happy sewing!

 
At December 12, 2012 at 6:02 AM , Blogger quilter746 said...

Tami,

I've kept busy this week making baby blankets and matching burp cloths...and making time for a little work as well. I am planning to join Bonnie for Quilt-Cam tonight - how about you?

I'm in the Milwaukee, WI area - where do you live?

Beth

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home